Saturday, October 20, 2018

                                 6 AM - Grocery Shopping - The Oddity

This is one of those things that makes me wonder.

I was on the road early one morning this week and stopped at Walmart.. they open at 6 and I was there 10 minutes till.

At 6, the doors were open and I went in to get my few items I had on my list.  One of those items was Imitation Vanilla.  That's something I don't buy very often, as one bottle lasts awhile.  But it was on my list.  If I didn't get it now, I'd forget it next time.

I went through the aisles, quickly, as I had just a few things on my mind to pick up.  I headed down the baking aisle and there was my vanilla.  And there was a gentlman, standing right in front of the vanilla.  No one in that store but some employees and this gentleman.. and me.

The whole store.. a large store... and this gentleman was in the baking aisle, looking at the spices where the vanilla was up above his head.  How can this happen every time!  Since when do men go to the spices at 6 am and look them over, deciding what to get.  One gentleman.  Spices?  First thing in the morning? 

I waited a bit, wondering if it was better to go on,  or reach around him.  He turned to look at this person standing behind him and asked if he was in my way.  It was my chance to reach in and get that vanilla.  As I was reaching, I said I just needed a bottle of vanilla and didn't he know that with no one else in the srore, he'd find someone else wanting to be right where he was.

 With vanilla in hand, I smiled as I explained the oddity of this happening so many times.. and he added , "yes, and at 6 o'clock in the morning".

It happens often.. or so it seems. 

No comments: